Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t another boorish rant on political correctness. It’s just a rant at shitty rewrites.
The Dogface Soldier was a song written for the Third Infantry Division, of which I was a part for about a year before transferring to a better job involving a red beret and sitting on my ass in front of a computer. In PLDC (the course required for promotion to Sergeant) we had to memorize this song, and actually sing it.
- Well that's disturbing. My new broadband card has a warning that it needs to be 5mm from me away to prevent overexposure to radiation. #
- @PVT_Craighead been trying that. T-mobile and their 0.3G network sucks. Loading Bullshido took forever when it didn't time out in reply to PVT_Craighead #
- Stupidity should be expensive: "The average household making less than $13K/yr spends $645/yr on lottery tickets" Source: http://ow.ly/1MCE5 #
- @dougrichards The multiplayer looks awesome. in reply to dougrichards #
- Rand Paul; 'nuff said. #
- Went to 24 Hour Fitness in Overland Park only to find it empty with dumpsters out front. Explains the crowd at the tiny one in Olathe. #
- Limbaugh: drugs are legal in Mexico, and look at all their drug-related crime. Way to miss the point by 1969 miles. #
- Calderon to W. Blitzer: "our police ask people they suspect of being in the country illegally, for papers". Como se dice "irony" en espanol #
- "Property is theft" as much as "sex is rape". I can't be the first person to say this, but I'm too lazy to check and see who else did. #
- I suspect that if Twitter had been around in Robert Heinlein's day, he'd have written thousands of tweets, but 0 novels. #
- Cojones: "Hey popular sports site owner: big sports event worth millions is coming up. Be a chum and promote it for us for free, will… #
I’m starting to think the Cufon effect on the blog is a bit much. Of course, it looks a lot better when the blog is populated with actual content, and not just a mashup of tweets.
Actually, I probably should de-bold the text of the tweets. Unfortunately, right now that’s priority #729, behind learning Arabic (#47) and re-unlocking the AK-47 on Modern Warfare (#681).
- Damnit Tom Cruise; either quit Scinos or stop making good movies… sucks to have to buy the wrong ticket and sneak in so you don't get my $ #
- Finally got the blog up and running again. For a second I thought it got hacked, but ironically, it was the server security measures. #
- Just heard the term "socio-economic diversity", and the context in which it was used was as a good thing by the PC crowd. Much irony. #
- "@wikileaks: We would like a list of as many .mil email addresses as possible" And this is the moment when I stop following WikiLeaks. #
- According to Last.fm, Richard Wagner is "On Tour". I wonder if the cemetary administrator is aware of this development. #
- @JeremyMelloul I'm sure that's prudent. But think of how productive #TED could be on subjects where there is genuine consensus! in reply to JeremyMelloul #
- @JeremyMelloul yeah, sorry…. was a few days ago. I use a twitter client that threads conversations so I don't miss replying to people. in reply to JeremyMelloul #
- @JeremyMelloul nope, not sarcastic. I don't drink the #TED koolaid outright; I just wish our culture wasn't getting so anti-intellectual. in reply to JeremyMelloul #
- RT @EFF: if logged in you send info to FB when visiting a site with the "like" button, whether you "like" it or not. http://eff.org/r.j8K #