This isn’t technically a “Nealogism” as it’s not mine, but like a wide-eyed orphan child I am adopting it and sending it out into the world for the betterment of society. It actually came from this thread on my politics/society discussion forum. And like the unstated but undeniable goal (though rarely achieved) of raising any child a particular way, I’m defining it for my own purposes.
A Ninjacon is a conservative who may feel it prudent to conceal his or her political views due to their perceived unpopularity with their peers. This term might also describe a self-loathing conservative, or someone who refuses to discuss politics entirely but holds conservative views.
Situations in which being a ninjacon might be convenient or socially expedient include:
- College, whether as a student or staff
- Participating in volunteer work
- Hanging out with 20-somethings and/or frou-frou socialites
- Shopping at Trader Joe’s
- A predominately female or minority (excluding Asian or upper-class Hispanic) workplace or social gathering.
- a bar mitzvah
- Yoga classes
- Anywhere in the Bay Area, California